Known as Acacia Gum or Arabic Gum or Tragacanth gum or Gaund Katira
Colour: Pale, Brownish Yellow
Characteristics: It looks like a shiny Crystal and Completely dissolves in water.
It is a resin that oozes from the stems and branches of trees. There are different types of resin/ gum that can be found in different trees like Mango, Neem and so on. Every gum has been used for different problems. This Edible gum is versatile. It has lots of medicinal benefits. There are some health benefits of it.
- Anti diabitic
- Anti carcinogenic
- Anti obesogenic
- Lower Cholesterol
- It is a source of Calcium, magnesium and Potassium
- It can be used as Prebiotic
- It is good for the nervous system and respiratory system.
- It is very useful to prevent Metabolic Syndrome, ulcerative Colitis, cough, cold, joint pain, postnatal pain and depression.
- It boosts the immune system and works as a natural rejuvenator.
- It has potent anti- oxidative properties in sickle cell anemia (SCA).Thus,It favorably influences the clinical condition of SCA and further diseases characterized by oxidative stress.
- It has been shown to have a broad range of health benefits, particularly in improving important cardiovascular risk indicators in many clinical trials.
- Consumption of Gum on a daily basis regulates the bloating and improves bowel movement.
Edible gum is creating heat in the body so better to have it in Winter. A person can have a maximum of 5-10 gm a day. Traditionally, Indian women have been using it as a postnatal complete care pack for years.There are different recipes to have it. such as Laddoo, Drink, sweets.
I am sharing with you a very easy, vegetarian, gluten free recipe to start with this Winter.
Edible Gum: 1 tablespoon
Ghee( clarified Butter): 1 tablespoon
Lukewarm Water: 1 cup
Jaggery: 2 tablespoon
Cardamom: 1 pod
Grated Almonds: 2
Designated coconut: 1 tablespoon
Take a pan. Heat the Ghee in it. Add Gum and wait until it is fried completely and pooped up. Add lukewarm water in it and wait until gum is dissolved in it. Add jaggery in it. Bring to boil for up to 1 min. Add coconut and almonds to it. Wait for 5 min. To settle it. Serve it warm in a cup.
Enjoy a warm drink on a winter morning.
Contact Us for more healthy Recipes with Benefits.
Source of Information: